Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tic tic tic tic..... Tic tic tic tic

That is the sound that has kept me up the past two nights. Tic tic tic tic..... Tic tic tic tic..... ARGH! There were TWO mice in the kitchen. Weather starts getting colder, field animals start looking for refuge. I understand how it works, and I've always worked really well with those animals: they come, I kill them. We HAD a system. When Dane and I saw these 2 mice, the first was under the stove and the second was under the fridge. They were NOT scared or shy as mice are supposed to be. We were talking in the kitchen, laughing even as these shameless creatures CAME OUT from their hiding place! We looked at them, and they went on their business like nobody was there. After taking Dane to the train station, I went to buy some mouse traps, and came back home with 6 of them. The first poor mouse was trapped within the hour. The second one HOWEVER has kept well away, and it doesn't matter where I put the traps, it keeps avoiding them. Dane said that when there were two, they were braver, but now that it's down to one, the mouse is as scared as a mouse should be. Well, I don't know what to do. I have the kitchen covered in mouse traps (child safe traps, or Giada would already be a goner. She gets into everything.) but the mouse is still here enjoying the benefits of our home. And the Tic tic tic tic..... Tic tic tic tic continues EVERY night, and every night I go to the kitchen, open cabinet doors, the oven, EVERYTHING, but the stupid thing is nowhere to be seen! If any of you knows The Pied Piper, PLEASE give me the phone number, you know how much pregnant women treasures her sleep, and this tic tic tic is depriving me of a privilege that was sparse to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't read this until now. I have an electronic mouse trap in the cupboard by the refrigerator, up on one of the shelves (if it's still there). It works like a charm. It even lets you know when it has a mouse inside.

    ReplyDelete