Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring is here!

I didn't feel like greeting spring quite yet. Too much snow for that, but when I look out the window I see green and blue (and lots of bugs) so it seemed appropiate.
Spring brought with it lots of good things, for once there is my beautiful little niece Leila, and some days there's even good weather.
We also had Tobi here in Utah for one short week, and we got to spend some wonderful time with her. It was so cute to see how Leah was desperate to "help" Granny see what her life is like now and all the things she does and the things she is into. I'm so glad Granny was able to go to a gymnastics class, it meant so much for them and for me too. I know it wasn't easy for her.
Spring brought me Giada's 18 months! That means she goes to nursery now. I've all but forgotten what it feels like to be able to sit down during sunday school and RS and pay attention, instead of walking around the hallway for 2 hours.
Spring has also brought me back the front and backyard. The girls just LOVE to go out there and play. They go for hours at a time, and they make up a new game every time. I love to go out and ask what they are doing and they tell me things like "This is an enchanted land and there are fairies everywhere", or "we are under the sea and we are swimming with mermaids" and things like that.
It has brought me back going out on walks or to the park with the girls wich we absolutely love.
There are so many good things that come with spring but one of my favorites is the way I feel. The weather has always had an impact or an influence on my mood, so after 6 months of gray skies and naked trees, when Spring comes I just feel lighter (and not just because I've lost over 30 pounds since last Spring) but because I feel happier and feel full of hope and full of plans. For me Spring is when the new year begins and I'm just so exited to greet the sun and say "hello life, here I come!"

1 comment:

  1. I love Spring, also. We only have summer here in Malaysia. I loved seeing the girls and how darling they were in gymnastics and at home. Looking forward to a longer visit next time. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete